Jobs - Work With Us
Work with us
The Localgiving team is made up of a range of energetic and enthusiastic individuals with a desire to make a change for the better. If you're passionate about making a difference and would like to work with Localgiving, we'd love to hear from you!
Location: Central London
Salary: £21,000-£23,500 + benefits (including 25 days holiday)
About the role:
We are seeking a talented marketing professional to deliver intelligent and impactful communications to help raise the profile of Localgiving and further establish its position within the UK voluntary sector. This is an excellent opportunity to develop the presence of a national brand, whilst helping to make a real difference to grass-roots charities and community groups across the country. The successful candidate will be responsible for proactively securing press coverage and producing high quality copy for digital and print.
The role will sit within the Marketing Team and report to the Head of Marketing.
- Write and distribute high quality press releases and media communications in line with brand values
- Develop and manage relationships with key media stakeholders
- Secure coverage within trade, local and national press
- Keep up to date with sector news, trends and opinions with a view to informing well-timed comment pieces
- Research relevant events and secure speaking slots for the Chairman, Chief Executive and/or Department Heads
- Manage and update website content
- Contribute regular blog posts and cultivate guest blogging opportunities
- Draft copy for email campaigns
- Produce sales and marketing collateral to support the Business Development, Charity Engagement and Fundraising teams
Essential skills and experience:
- A minimum of one year’s experience within a PR, marketing or communications role
- Exceptional communication and copywriting skills
- Proven ability to successfully manage media relationships
- Experience working with a website CMS
- A strong attention to detail and good organisation skills
- Ability to effectively work on own initiative as well as within a team
- A high level of creativity and a proactive attitude
- A demonstrable interest in fundraising and/or the third sector
Desirable skills and experience:
- Basic graphic design skills with the ability to update existing templates and designs
- Experience of working with Adobe programs, particularly InDesign, Adobe Pro and Photoshop
- Familiarity with MailChimp or other comparable email software
- Basic working knowledge of HTML/CSS
Remuneration and benefits:
In return for all that you bring, we pay competitive market rates and offer exciting learning and development opportunities in a rapidly growing business. The team is dynamic and fun.
Salary: £21,000 – £23,500 per annum depending on experience
Working Hours: 9:30 – 6:00
Holiday: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
Healthcare: Company private healthcare policy
Gym: Complimentary high street fitness club membership
Travel: We can provide a loan to help with travel card outlay (available once probation period complete)
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com telling us why you think you fit the role and how you will make a difference. We embrace diversity in all applications.